Rambling In The Puna2

Friday, November 03, 2006

Book Reports II, Halloween Party and Puppy

I am cobbling three things together to fit into one just to save time.

A welcome relief, I read Larry McMurtry’s, “Horseman, Pass By.” It is his novel about a family in Texas that inspired the Paul Newman movie, “Hud.” I enjoyed the book and remain impressed by McMurtry’s descriptive ability. I can almost forgive the Billy the Kid travesty, as the same teacher required both. I won’t go that far.

We had a great Halloween party at the church and I got to use my Peruvian made Fester get up and the girls Nun costumes. Julie dressed as a witch and did such an effective job that kids from her own young women’s group did not recognize her. It was stunning!

Still reeling from the loss of Abby, we began the quest to find another dog in hopes of simply surviving. We found a gorgeous brindle boxer. His name is Bailey and I am also going to post photos of Bailey. More will follow:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home